Black Seed Oil
After experimenting with supplements with total cost over 10,000GBP over 5 years, trying more than 200-300 modes & supplements… Black Seed Oil (BSO next) tops my list. The one I would take with me everywhere. If I go somewhere, I ship it to the hotel before coming there.
Illustration before we start
From “Black Cumin (Nigella sativa L.): A Comprehensive Review on Phytochemistry, Health Benefits, Molecular Pharmacology, and Safety”:
- Healed D2 dopamine disregulation, got off synthentic stuff in the end
- Balanced lipid status (<1% oxidised LDL, great HDL/Cholesterol status)
- hsCRP = < 0.02 (zero inflammation)
- Healed social anxiety, fear of public speaking is now gone (therapy did not work, it was a chemical issue)
- Great GABA calming effects, promotes social interaction, I naturally want to talk and socialise and feel joyful
- Balances my serotonine and dopamine status well (assessed over time through Braverman Personality Type Assessment)
- Taking >10ml dose definitely gets my dopamine going, effect very similar to taking a microdose of Cabergoline (prescription-only synthentic drug, don’t take it), producing vivid colours in the world, music is enjoyable, senses are clearer
- Have to start really small dose and ramp it up
- If high dose is taken it’s going to feel like the train hit you
- Happened to a few friends of mine, so be(!!) prepared to feel like shit for a while espeically if your diet/health is off
- Immune system is overwhelmed to clear bacterial, viral toxins in case your health is far from perfect
- Jarisch–Herxheimer reaction
- I now take 10ml a day of 6% volatlie oil
- First time I took 2% volatile oil I was in bed with flu-like symptoms for 2 days, I took 5ml which was too much - carefully ramp it up to help body adapt
- I love the taste but for new users it’s going to taste awful, especially if your microbiome/gut/diet is broken, that’s why you have to start small, it tastes REALLY bad (top-1 worst) for people with broken microbiome/gut/any synth. sugar intake>20g
- Can be applied topically to heal things like cuts and bruises
- My rule #1: never apply topically what you won’t take orally
Social Media Context
I like to read Reddit, etc. boards where people take the BSO for the first time. Google “Black Seed Oil Reddit” to see what I mean.
This all seems a “too good to be true” situation. This stuff seems powerful and very bioactive.
It’s been like six months since I made the post and still to this day black seed oil is changing my life. It’s eliminated my anxiety. I feel like a new person.
Which brand to take?
I take proven blessed seed oil brand from the UK (theblessedseed), extra strong. Would start from strong/mild, to be honest.
Have not taked any other brands (from iHerb, etc.) but know there are many fakes and you have to read reviews & test carefully.
Normal shop oil volatile content is around 1-2% which is mild to my taste, I prefer extra strong after ramping up over months and months which is 6%.
Definitely store closed (prevent oxidation) and away from the sunlight. Rule applies to most oils you consume.
I take a big dose of extra strong one (6% volatile, 2% is the normal shop BSO content) of 10ml -> approximately 0.125ml/kg against 80kg body. Which is way below any reported toxicity for the huge dose.
There are a lot of studies on safety and toxicity that you could google and find.
Administration of NS oil (5 mL/day) to healthy volunteers for 8 weeks was reported not to have any notable liver, kidney, or gastrointestinal side effects PMC5633670
You’d probably have to drink a lot of oil to harm yourself but there are diminishing returns to increasing the dose so I cap mine 10ml @ 6% per day max. Would I benefit if I take more? Maybe. I do take a bit more when not feeling best or flying through airports.
Rats, mice experiments:
Some interesting HIV data on BSO removing HIV-RNA load over 1-3 years: PMC3847425
The work on this post is ongoing, please send questions or ideas to d at kurilo.org email address on ways to make it better or discuss the topic. Thanks!